VitroGel Cell Recovery Solution – Cell Harvesting
VitroGel® Cell Recovery Solution is an enzyme-free, ready-to-use solution to harvest 2D, 3D and organoids cultured cells from VitroGel hydrogel fast and safely. The solution can recover cells from VitroGel hydrogels in 20 minutes.
VitroGel Cell Recovery Solution is room temperature stable, has a neutral pH and works at 37°C operating temperature. The solution can maintain high cell viability during the recovery process. Harvested cells can be sub-culture in both 2D and 3D culture.
The VitroGel Cell Recovery Solution can be used before or after the fixation and stained preparation of hydrogel specimens to ensure high quality of downstream data analysis.
Easy cell recovery from hydrogel in 20 minutes.
|Use||Harvest cells from VitroGel hydrogel while maintaining high cell viability.
Use before or after sample fixation and stained preparation for imaging or downstream data analysis
|Processing Time||15-20 min|
|Downstream||Recovered cells can be sub-culture in both 2D and 3D culture|
|Storage||Ambient Temperature (15-30°C)|
|Stability||60 months from date of manufacture|
Handbooks and Resources
Video Protocols & Demonstrations
VIDEO PROTOCOL TIP
- KEEP SOLUTION WARM: It is important to keep the cell recovery solution and the mixture warm at 37°C during the whole process. The warm temperature is essential to accelerate molecular exchanges to release the ionic molecules from the solid hydrogel, which can transform into a soft hydrogel.
- APPLY MECHANICAL FORCE: The mechanical force such as rocking or shaking the centrifuge tube or using a serological pipette to mix the hydrogel with the cell recovery solution helps to transform the hydrogel into the liquid state.
- DILUTION: Adding the cell recovery solution at the volume of 10X or higher than the hydrogel maintains the dissolved hydrogel in a liquid state.
- CENTRIFUGE AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
Data and References
Figure 1. Fast hydrogel dissolved in VitroGel Cell Recovery Solution.
A. Hydrogel before adding to recovery solution; B-F. Time 0 to 15 min after adding hydrogel to recovery solution (at 37 °C, 20 rpm).
Figure 2 The VitroGel Cell Recovery Solution maintains high cell viability
A. Cell viability of OP9, U87-MG and PANC-1 cells after adding to recovery solution at time 0, 15, 30, 60 and 120 min. Cells maintain over 95% cell viability after suspending in VitroGel cell recovery solution for 2 hr.; B. PANC-1 cells growth on 2D well plate before transfer to cell recovery solution; C. PANC-1 cells suspended in cell recovery solution for 24 hours then re-culture on 2D well plate for 5 days. Cells has been successful re-culture after suspend in cell recovery solution for 24 hours.
Cell viability of 3D cultured PANC-1 cells after recovering from hydrogel. (Method 1: add whole gel into cell recovery solution. Method 2: using pipette to break gel into small piece before adding into cell recovery solution. Average: the average cell viability of method 1 and method 2.)
Figure 4. Cells can be sub-culture in both 2D and 3D culture after recovery. A.
PANC-1 cells growth on 3D hydrogel before harvested by VitroGel cell recovery solution; B. PANC-1 cells have been harvested from 3D hydrogel by using VitroGel cell recovery solution and subculture on the surface of hydrogel (day 2); C. PANC-1 cells have been harvested from 3D hydrogel by using the cell recovery solution and 3D subculture in the hydrogel system again (day 2).
- De Donato, M., Babini, G., Mozzetti, S., Buttarelli, M., Ciucci, A., Arduini, G., De Rosa, M. C., Scambia, G., & Gallo, D. (2020). KLF7: a new candidate biomarker and therapeutic target for high-grade serous ovarian cancer. Journal of Experimental & Clinical Cancer Research, 39(1). https://doi.org/10.1186/s13046-020-01775-9
- Lan, T., Guo, J., Bai, X., Huang, Z., Wei, Z., Du, G., Yan, G., Weng, L., & Yi, X. (2020). RGD-modified injectable hydrogel maintains islet beta-cell survival and function. Journal of Applied Biomaterials & Functional Materials, 18, 228080002096347. https://doi.org/10.1177/2280800020963473
- Powell K. Adding depth to cell culture. Science, 356(6333), 96–98. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.356.6333.96
- References to all VitroGel hydrogels >